Wednesday, May 1, 2013

NYC Realtor Offers Employees Pay Raise For Getting Tattoo Of Company Logo


NYC Realtor Offers Employees Pay Raise For Getting Tattoo Of Company Logo
So Far, 40 Employees Take The Plunge, Get Inked Up The Rapid Realty Way
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — If your company offered you a pay raise to tattoo its logo on your body, would you do it?
A New York City real estate company made the offer and dozens of employees are getting inked.
As CBS 2′s Emily Smith reported Tuesday, a tattoo can be a way to show off your personality. For Rapid Realty employees, it is the fast track to a 15 percent pay raise if you get inked with the company logo.There are no size or location restrictions. Brooke Koropatnick got hers behind the ear.“I had a paycheck coming in what was a substantial amount of money different, so it was nice,” she told Smith.
Stephanie Barry got tattooed two weeks ago and, along with it, a permanent pay raise for every real estate transaction.“I was like, why am I throwing my money away when I could give myself from a $25,000 to $40,000 for the same amount of work?” Barry told Smith.
The credit doesn’t go to Rapid Realty owner Anthony Lolli. He said he got the idea from a loyal employee who wasn’t doing it for money.“He calls me up, he says ‘Hey Anthony, I’m getting the logo on me.’ I show up at the shop and I’m like ‘this is cool, how can I repay you?’” Lolli said
The concept snowballed. Robert Trezza recently became the 40th employee to do so at Ink Stop Tattoo.“I think it’s a good opportunity to show commitment to a company that makes going to work fun every day,” Trezza told Smith.Joseph Tighe has been on the job only a month but has already taken the plunge.“My wife was a little concerned but I said, you know what, it was the best commitment I could think of,” he told Smith.
Some people said they would not be lining up for a tattoo if they worked at Rapid Realty, regardless of the pay raise.“Absolutely not,” David Frankel of the Lower East Side told Smith. “It would have to be extraordinary.”“It’s a scar for life. I have enough of those,” another man told Smith.
Before you do something like this, Smith reported, make sure you know your company policy and have your boss’ stamp of approval.The Rapid Realty tattoos, which can cost up to $300, are paid for by the company owner. Lolli said he hasn’t gotten inked yet, but plans to eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment